Sustainable Development Policy
Operations and Product Development
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations and other environmental requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Perform a life cycle analysis of each of its products.
- Evaluate the impacts of its operations on the environment by quantifying its greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with ISO 14064-1.
- Integrate the principle of pollution prevention into business decisions, policies and practices.
- Encourage the reduction of residual materials and the use of recycled content and / or recyclable materials when choosing containers.
- Develop innovative cleaning products whose environmental performance is continually improving.
Awareness and Employee Engagement
- Provide environmental protection training and awareness training for all staff.
- Offer incentives to all employees using an environmentally friendly mode of transportation such as public transit, cycling or carpooling.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to this environmental policy and have all the necessary means to implement it.
- Treat, as much as possible, with local suppliers to minimize distances traveled and, as a result, greenhouse gas emissions.
- Choose suppliers that optimize their transportation operations, carry full loads and configure their palletization to reduce voids and eliminate unwanted packaging.
- Prioritize suppliers that demonstrate tangible efforts to reduce packaging materials.
- Encourage packaging suppliers who use recycled material as a raw material.
Give preference to suppliers whose environmental practices are consistent with this policy.
Communication and transparency
- Show transparency and integrity in its communications regarding its environmental performance.
- Inform customers of the environmental value of the products they buy.
- Annually publish a report on the sustainable development of the company based on the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) guidelines.
- Validate the data presented in the annual report through an audit conducted by an independent external organization.
- Support community initiatives and student projects aimed at improving the quality of the environment through the Biovert Action Fund.